Thursday, August 25, 2011

Operation Business


Operation Business

Wow, what a month I had.. It’s been crazy. My fiscal year ended in July, but I was to busy to recognized that I hadn’t look over my books to see what worked or didn’t work for 2011. Is that a good thing? I’m not sure, but I do know that I’m so busy that the main portion of what is required to operate AnyEvent was placed on the back burner and that is not good!

It is VERY important that we as business onwers take time every six months or once a year to work on the operation of the busy. We can get so busy trying to create business, get clients or marketing our business that we don’t keep an eye on what it takes to make sure that the business is running right.

Has all the vendors been paid; are you ready to bring in help; are your expenses being recorded; was there a profit or did you end in the red? These are the most important part of your business that will keep us up and running. I know we think that kind of stuff can wait till we are making thousands but honestly, Even if you are making $500 a year in profit, you need to know where that money is going and how it was made.

August appears to be a slow month for me, which is good, [Don’t know how it got here so fast] I’ve begin preparing for 2011-2012 business. Setting up appointments to work more with my business consultant and bring in an account to make sure that I can actually bring on a personal assistant and decorator.

I will review everything from the last 7 months, and see what is working and what is not.. Sign up for a few educational programs and read some new business books I have sitting in a chair at home, still in the box. I will set up an appointment with my PR to get some of the media done for up coming events, as well send out emails to new events planners I met. I have a lot to do to get me ready for 2012.. The business of taking care of business, never close.

Are you ready for 2012? Have you meet with your business consultant to see what things you need to do to step up? Let me hear from you… Your comments are so welcome.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Enrolled in the Mountain View Entrepreneurial College and beyond program today! Step one to becoming a better business person!

anyevent said...

You go Gwen and i know we talked about some PR! Gwen's Heart is about to take off!! I'm glad I know you now (lol)