Thursday, February 16, 2012

Doing me

 My favorite TV shows are Living Single; Designer Women; Sex In the City and MSNBC-Your Business. There are other TV shows I like, but these seem to fit me in a sense of chilled day.

If you notice, all of the shows I listed are TV shows that deals with business women. For example Khadijah James is the CEO of her magazine Flavor’; Julia Sugarbaker is the CEO of her designer firm Sugarbackers and we have Carrie Brandshaw  & Samantha Jones CEO of  a writing column and PR firm.  These women inspire because in life they made choice to do them. Now I know its fiction – but in reality this happens every day.  Women are making a choice to do them. It’s no longer about the apron or the 5’oclock meal on the table [for some] it’s about being free to do what’s in your hearts to do.


 Every morning I up get preparing for a day I have no idea how it’s going to turn out, but I take that chance.  At the end of the day, sometimes I have accomplished a great deal, others days I felt like it was a waste. But I still got up and took that chance.  Success is not always promise to me, but I know that God hold the future to my life in His hands, and that’s enough to get me through the day.  

 In each one of these TV series, these ladies took a chance;  made a sacrifice and did what every woman in this world secretly want to do, do them.. With out judgment, ridicule or label as someone wishing on a star.  I like that, and I like that fact that I’m who I am because I’m still taking a chance at being and doing me.

 AnyEvent may never be as huge as Preston Bailey or David Turtna for that matter, but I enjoy that fact that I’m trying to get there, and that’s all I can ask in this exciting world. 

Are you doing what you truly enjoy doing? Are you doing you? Can people see the joy in your face?

I would love to hear from you. Join in our blog with your views and comments. Never know, I may address it in my next blog (lol) Until next time.. The Business Woman.


 

1 comment:

Cheryl A. Pullins said...

Everyday I get up with my mission and passion in mind and go about the action needed to make it happen. Yes, some days I get the bear and some days the bear gets me, but as long as I moving forward then my version of success is guaranteed.

Even if you do one thing that gets you closer to your vision then no day is ever a waste.