Friday, May 4, 2012

when you know who has your back...trust them!



When you know who has your back.. Trust them.

This year I decided to take on a huge project for AnyEvent. I want to do something different with my company by working with a product/ organization that I believe in my heart will open doors as well as help in communities.  I looked over the plan and made some notes. I prayed over the information I received and there was nothing to do but move forward with it.
This was the open door I was looking for; so I thought.. Until I fell into a minor set back that left me feeling like I made a HUGE mistake.

The one thing I do in my spear time is read. And when I read, I read about business and my industry, event planning.
[Don’t ever think you can continue to be in business with out education and reading. Things are changing every single day, and what you learned when you first started, I can guarantee it’s no longer being done today; but I will save that for my next blog (lol)]

In my reading I’ve learned that people who support each other; who don’t mind listening to your growing pains, the ones who don’t mind taking your call when you have questions are the ones that have your back and become successful. In other words, the business person who is there for you will not only become successful, will allow you to become successful too.  

Today a person I call a friend made me do something I couldn’t believe would get done. They made me CHALLEGE myself.
This project that I will be working on for the next year (a long with all my other events) will require me to step out on more faith then I ever imagine. So when I fell in to the minor set back; at least what I thought would be a set back, this person sent me some information that I wasn’t able to swallow.  I said to them, I honestly don’t think this will work. They begin to pour in to me what I had poured into them about me and AnyEvent.  They didn’t make me feel bad about how I saw things or what I felt, they stood strong and told me.. I got your back.. Today they were there.

“Don’t look at the numbers; look at the possibility of what this will do for you they said. I didn’t feel like I was being set up to fail when we finished the conversation.  I literally felt like they were looking out for me. When I looked back over what they presented, I realize.. It’s a Win-Win situation.

As we grow our business; as we try to go to the next level it is good to have someone who sees the bigger picture enough to help you win. We will always face fear; there will come times when we honestly don’t know who we can talk to or if we can do it financially; spiritually or physically.  But knowing someone is there to encourage; you take your call with out an attitude and supporting you regardless and most of all not making you feel like a fool is a business person that has your back.. That’s a person who from the heart believes in you!
Do you have someone in your life like that? Who shares you business dreams; who support you and believe in you enough to push you above your imagination?
Do you have someone connected to your business that is praying for you during your struggles? How do you feel when you are faced with challenges and don’t have anyone to turn to?  Please share your comments and views; I would love to hear from you.

No comments: