Friday, May 24, 2013

W.O.W. Moment!


W.O.W Moment

I have been working diligently ON my company for a long time. I was doing all I can to work ON my business, but forgot that there was work to do IN my business. Trying to do this.. do that, go here.. go there, I was a MESS!!! I was busy doing something that was turning into nothing. I had a whole wall of goals to accomplish and weren't getting done AND they weren't generating any revenue!!!

After feeling exhausted every day, feeling like I was scrambled across Dallas, I decided to seek help. I started making some phones calls; sending emails to certain business women and men across the country, and chatting online with business people who knew what I was dealing with!

After speaking [venting] with a business coach, she decided to give me an undemanding project; The W.O.W assignment.  The coach instructed me to create a W.O.W list. To write down everything I KNEW I could accomplish within one week. Within. One. Week.  
 I’m going to be honest. I didn't think it would work. I had too much to do, and I NEEDED TO MAKE MONEY!!! I sat down that Saturday morning and decided to realistically write down everything I knew I could accomplish that week. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. In fact, I completed my list before the end of the week. Sunday, I wrote another W.O.W list, and I completed it again. I was OH WOW!! This works.

What made the W.O.W successful for me was not feeling the pressure of having to complete a GOAL. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all in favor of goals, I taught daughters how to set them, but It was too much stress for me to look at them daily without having a plan to execute them.  The W.OW allowed me to see what needed to be done and the need created set the motion to execute how it will be accomplished. 


There will be time in our business or careers we will become over whelm with the pressure of success. We will see no accomplishments completed or revenue coming through the door. That’s when you let go of your pride, admit you are sinking and go to the experts for help,  
a Business Mentor or Coach. 

The W.O.W assignment is working for me, and I’m not only accomplishing things, but creating a new avenue for income. Yesterday, I decide to compare my six weeks of W.O.W to my goals I had posted on the wall and amazingly there were a great deal accomplished.  There is still much to do in my growth for 2013, but now I can do it CALMLY and make time to enjoy AnyEvent again.

Cassandra Washington and Cheryl A. Pullin are Life /Business Coach. I love their attitude respect  they have for others.  They are mentors for those who are trying to seek help IN your business and a supporter when you need a friend.  Make the connection with them. I promise it's worth it!


Have you ever worked with a business/ mentor coach? How did it go? I would love to hear from you on your experience with a business coach. Share your success story with me and other on my blog; It may just help someone.

Until next time.
The Business Woman!

2 comments:

I am Ruth, Proverbs 31 Woman said...

Teri, this is right on! When we stop worrying about making money, it will come. As busy entrepreneurs, we definitely need to write down our goals and put them in bite size pieces in order to accomplish them. It is such a help to have another person to bounce ideas off of who can see the whole picture of you and have an objective perspective! My fave coach is Ms. Brandy Adamson, Your Purpose Coach (www.brandyadamson.com). She has been a rock for me with NBWEN. I can be hard headed but she still sticks with me AND she sticks to her guns! She helps put things in perspective and she helps keep our FB Page churning. One things I've learned - you have to learn to let go of some things in order to be effective. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're a jack of all trades, you become a master of NONE!

Teri Lewis said...

Thanks Shellye, I love using the W.O.W List. I have seen things happen that I wasn't expecting. I have also made awesome contact with business coaches here in Dallas and in the DC area. I love how they come along side to encourage me! thanks for posting!