Thursday, July 4, 2013

Excuses are Monuments of Nothingsness


“Excuses are monuments of nothingness. They build bridges to nowhere. Those who use these tools of incompetence, seldom become anything but nothing at all.”
   Author unknown

I've been working and speaking with business coaches as well as taking time to meet and speak with a few of Dallas and DC [ top] Event and Wedding Designers.  These meetings and discussions were about their struggles and successes. I even had the opportunity to talked with "The Party Goodness" at the Dallas Small Business Expo about her support while she was going through the "unsuccessfulness" of her business; as well as sections of her book “Are you making any money”.


Listening to these powerful business people, I learned there are successful people that had nothing; no money or anything when they started their business, they just believed in what they have and it was/is a need; just like some people who believe in excuses they feed themselves each day.

 “Excuses are monuments of nothingness” and that’s what happen when you make them. Nothing! In this journey of business I realized that I’m much better than some people think I am. I’m a small company with BIG ideas and that's what they like about me. One of the event planner I had the pleasure of speaking with looked me straight dead in my eyes and said “Teri you have a passion, dig inside.. bring it out” You are so much better than you think you are! And I am. God gave me a passion to sparkle and that is what I’m determine to do is Sparkle with my gift of partying (lol)

Making excuses for your unsuccessfulness is fear. If you believe in God and the vision He gave you as a purpose, trust Him in every path of  your business, career, and even your relationships.

I made hundreds of excuses why AnyEvent wasn't “growing". I made excuses for things I thought I needed only to realize it wasn't part of God's business plan. With some great advice, I begin using the W.O.W list to take care of the excuses I fed myself that were holding me back. I saw things happening in my company and the joy I felt when I first started doing Event Planning came back.  I made changes, let go of unsuccessful things that were not working for me and realize I can really do this!  When you continue  to make [up]excuses you will build bridges to nowhere. And nowhere is where you're going with your career, business or relationships.

Those who use these tools [excuses] of incompetence, have no determination.  Are you educating your in your industry periodically? What about being education in other industry? Are you building relationship with people that are where you are in your business? Or those who are are making things happen? One of the event planner’s I spoke with began as a chef; needing to make extra money he begin helping with events and loved it.  He opened the door to more money becoming a full service event planing company. Using excuses will close the door to business; and seldom become anything but nothing at all.”   
Stop making excuses for being unsuccessful!  Everyone has a story; however everyone can change their story’s ending. I can make excuses all day long for not having a client, and seriously don’t have a client, or I can make myself available for the clientele I want to do business with.


I don’t know what your excuses are but it’s time to stop feeding yourself with them . It’s not always about the money, or that no one’s is ringing your phone; it’s not the connections or bad business decisions. It’s about what you have too many of…EXCUSES! Change your excuses in to effect and see what a difference it will make.

What are some of the excuses that you experience in your life, career, and relationship? How did you get rid of them and did things change for you when you did?

Thank you for reading the "Business Woman Blog".. I would love for you to respond to our blogs or share this site with someone you know.  You never know when you remarks may help someone!

Until next time..The Business Woman

1 comment:

Jillian James said...

I love it! Make yourself available for the clients you want to do business with. That part sticks in my mind. That is why I found it imperative to find a niche and market accordingly. Great post.