Saturday, December 28, 2013

You have to change your attitude to become a successful CEO

Up to eight years ago, since the age of 19 I have worked for Corporate America. I have spent at least 18 of those years in customer service, five in the public eye and five in a confided office. I have been laid off three times, switch jobs four times, and four of the jobs folded.. In 2004 after being laid off from an accounting firm in Dallas Texas, I begin researching event planning and trying to find work. I worked jobs during certain times for certain companies because I had no clients and I needed revues coming in to pay bills. I also learn something while I was doing these varies jobs, I am meant to be a CEO; I am meant to run my own company, to work independent for myself. Knowing this, feeling this in my heart, I change my attitude. I went from thinking of my full time jobs in corporate america as my part time and my company as full time job!
 You have to change your attitude when you are making changes in your life. You open your mind to view what you really want. The bible tells us in Romans 12:2Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. I still work, PT and I work the hours that I want to-not need to. I change my mind to thinking more of being a successful CEO instead of thinking I need to work for someone to receiving the daily allowance of their pay for me.  

Working a full time job and trying to run your company is hard work and demanding. It takes you from quality time to quantity time. Every moment in the day is control by doing what it takes to go from full time to CEO.  Last night at my part time job I meet a lady that I had a wonderful conversation with. She begins by asking me about my holiday, the next thing I know I was talking about AnyEvent and she was telling me how impress she was and wanted me, and wanted to connect me with a couple of people in Pittsburgh and New York that are event planners. This beautiful lady who I greeted when she walked in the door, walked away with my business card and I walked away with the possibility of a new connection.  
I’m not suggesting you to run out and quick your full time job, I’m advising you to change our way of thinking to be a successful CEO. I am the CEO of AnyEvent; I make the decisions good and bad! I am the one who name is on the door, not because I’m not working, but because I changed my mind to be CEO of AnyEvent. Stop looking at what you are doing and begin to think about what you are going to do and what it will take to get there. You are what you think, and what you think will be the open or closed door to entrepreneurship. What road did you take to go from full-time employee to full time CEO? What was the road blocks you faced? Who open the door for you to you from point A to Point B? I would love to hear from you, please place your comments on our blog page; you will never know how your comments can help someone!! Until next time.. The Business Woman

3 comments:

Donna Roland said...

Not everyone can make the transition from laid off employee to CEO like you, Teri! With your growing business, it's essential that you look for highly-qualified applicants, so that laying them off won't be as frequent. This is where job placement companies work: they sort out the best people for you, so that you focus on the more important tasks at hand.
Donna Roland @ Epiphany Staffing Group

Teri Lewis said...

Donald and you are so right. Thanks for sharing and posting on our blog.I have your information for staffing as well.

Uhlenbrock Cpa said...

One of the most essential parts of every industry is bookkeeping service.and UhlenbrockCPA is one of the most systematic tax services in San Antonio. Call Us Now @ (210) 701-1040 to book an appointment with best accounting firms in san antonio