Saturday, June 20, 2015

What happens when you get off track? You go to the rest stop!


What happens when you get off track? You go to the rest stop!

It’s been a while since my last blog, and I have to be honestly I missed blogging. I miss sharing my business feelings with you, but I’m back and that’s a good thing!!

I got off track for a year to finish school. I went back to school to get my 2nd degree, and I never thought it would take up so much of my time in the last two semesters. I was working on papers, research and learning about finances. And I have to say it was hard, but I finally made it to my senior semester, finishing Spring 2016.

Going back to school threw me off track, along with a few other things. It took me away from AnyEvent. I had to put my company on the back burner while I finish completing what was so important to me, my degree in Sports Management. While going to school, I felt off balance in this area, but I knew that it would be okay. There were a few events I did, but they were not the quality I put into my project, having to focus on school. Now that I’m at the finally stage of my degree, how do I get back on track, how do I pick up where I left off? How do I get myself back out there and grab hold of what I miss doing? You don’t… I didn’t.

See, this is the thing, you can’t go back to something that has been operating expecting it to work like before. While you were away things change, and that includes the industry of event planning for me.

While off track I learned a lot of event planners businesses began every day. Those who doing good and others who are barely making it. There were those who continuing doing the mom and pop of business- small events; something I didn’t want to do anymore. I decide I would not allow AnyEvent to go out like that when I come back to it.
When you step away from your business to get a job, go to school or even to regroup, make the decision to-Come back right… Come Back Strong and Come Back Ready!!
Things happen that will pull you away from your business, career even school, and that’s ok, it’s not a bad thing, it’s how you come back that makes a difference. Review the circumstances of why you were pulled away and make sure you’re ready to begin again. It will take a moment, you will realize it was worth the time and that you’re now to ready to go beyond the next level.

I though going back to school would remove AnyEvent from my life, I thought it would change my direction for my company, but it didn’t; it open my eyes to the possibilities of my company, it increased my passion even more for what I enjoyed doing. It taught me that you are never done until God says so.  


Don’t give up on your passion when you have to take a job, or plans change, or finances get low. Believe in yourself and trust yourself, pray to God for direction and everything will fall into place.

Has something change in your life that pulled you from your business? Did you get a job, go back to school and trying to decide what to do with your business?  Is everyone around successful in their business and you are barely making it? I would love to know what changes occurred in your life and what you did to reinvent the situation! Please share your comments!

Until next time.. the Business Woman!

No comments: